I hope you know what Continuous Integration means. I would recomment that you please go understand it before reading further. Here is an good wiki about what the community thinks about it.
Installation steps for NAnt:
- Download the binary distribution archive. Click here.
- Remove any previous versions of NAnt you may have installed.
- Extract the contents of the archive to the location you wish to install NAnt. Check the root folder name from nant-0.92 to NAnt and copy it in C:\Program Files\NAnt in windows.
- Depending on your environment, create a wrapper script to run NAnt
- Create a file called nant.bat in a C:\WINDOWS directory that is included in the PATH system environment variable.
- Add the following to nant.bat:
@echo off "C:\Program Files\NAnt\bin\NAnt.exe" %*
- Open a new command prompt (shell) and type nant -help. If successful, you should see a usage message displaying available command line options.
Installation of Cruise Control .Net
- Download latest version of CruiseControl.NET setup file from here.
- Double Click the CruiseControl.Net exe file. Below steps may change depend on the exact version.
- In Cruise Control Setup home screen click Next.
- In License Agreement screen click “I Agree”
- In Choose Components screen select all component click Next.
- In Additional Configuration screen click Next.
- In Choose installation location window click Next.
- In Menu folder window click Install.
- In Installation Complete windoe click Next and click Finish
- Start the CruiseControl.Net Server by typing services.msc in run window. Look for “CruiseControl.Net Server” in right pane, click the service and click start to start the service
- If there is an error while installation about unable to create virtual directory. Create a Virtual Directory in your IIS with physical path pointing to webdashboard “C:\Program Files\CruiseControl.NET\webdashboard”.
- Browse the websiet to view the dashboard and confirm the installation.