There are many advantage of having a zero email on inbox. I will not go into detail of it. I will try to share few steps that can make your inbox to zero. There is a classic book named “Getting things done” by David Allen gives you profound knowledge on managing your task. In this book there is understanding and importance of empty your physical inbox. Now a days email inbox contains our assigned task.
- Create a label named Archive and select all your emails from inbox to this label. No brainner.
- Now unsubscribe all unread newsletter which are older than 90 days. You ain’t gonna read it.
- Create label rules for all social media emails, important news letters and updates.
- Use number prefix to your label name. This will help you displaying the label you want on top.
- Some emails needs to converted to reminders of as reference material. Find a convenient way to fix it.
This post is not only to inspire you that you can clean your inbox anytime but also to enlighten you that you need to revisit your inbox for regular cleanup of your clutter.