My last post got an overwhemling response and I got many questions. One of the student reached out to me showing intrest in doing the role. I thought it would be great if we run an experiment along with the help of the student and see the practical implementation, challenges and learning.
I will document the whole experiment and the outcome of the exercise in the post. You can use this as a refrence guide and also ask question in the comments below. I would be happy to reply them.
Let’s begin, If you have not read my previous article, I would suggest read it to have a better understanding of what we are trying to do here. (click here to read my previous post) “The Digital Collaborator” will play the role of Digital Collaborator for this article.
Let’s go step by step for the question “What do you have to do and how can you make your side money? ” from the previous post.
- Pick a niche – Software is the business niche I picked for “The Digital Collaborator” (you can email me at email@example.com and I will guide you with next steps) for this experiement.
- Select 1 skill – Illustration (I picked it for him)
- Format of content – Cartoon Strips for educating customer (I picked it for him)
- Content with business – Since in this case the business is mine www.73bit.com.
- Contact wih Digital Creator – This is the part where he will be working
- Find the right fit – Now based on the previous points the right fit will be illustrator doing cartoon strips will be right fit. (In actual end to end work the digital collabrator has to figure this out on thier own)
- Once post is live – We will wait for this in future to update with the work of “The Digital Collaborator”
To create a comic strip explaning a concept from my older posts. Here is an 2 examples. The output will be 1 single image that will be posted in LinkedIn. It will should have the link text http://www.73bit.com in the image. Like in the example below there is @garyvee. (DONOT COPY the theme from this example, it’s only for inspiration and idea, use your creativity on this brief). The message has to be positive or growth.
For 73bit Limited, we would like something similar but the topic of conversation should be based on any of the following topic
- Name and Shame vs Name and Fame – 498 views (read comments)
- Bees – 404 views
- Tell your friend about climate change – 1039 views
- Waste Management – 681 views
- 61 days left in 2019 – 513 views
- Less then 2 dollars – 770 views
- Co-author – 390 views (read comments)
- Sustainbility Community – 1068 views
- Analyst Carrer Advice – 225 views
- Individual vs Team player – 332 views
Let me explain you how to work with any one topic from above list. There is a story in each post and it conveys a message. Let’s take the 1st example from it. Name and Shame vs Name and Fame.
For the cartoon strip image. There will be 2 colleagues talking to each other. First person tells to second person “Name and Shame is a great driver of change” the second person replies “Is that ethical?” (this could be the top part or the left part). The First person asks “Do you have a better solution?” and the second person replied “How about Name and Fame?” (this could be the botton part or the right part)
I could suggest 3 types of theme to create your comic strip image
- Problem vs Solution
- Do you know vs Ahh! moment
- Pure humor
You can pick your creativity that sends in positive and progressive message to the audience.
How will you connect with the Digital Creator (Comic Strip Illustrator)?
Step 1 – Read this method and understand it well : https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/instagram-for-business-180-strategy-grow-business-brand/
Step 2 – Search the hashtag with following for this experiment #comicstrip #CartoonStrip #CartoonistOfinstagram #comicpanel #comicartists
Step 3 – Pick the images which you think are close to the requirement we have above as 2 examples.
Step 4 – Put a comment in it, first genuinely appreciate the work and ask “Would you be intrested in collabration?” or “Would you like to collabrate with a software business?” or “How about a collabration for more awareness to your work?”
Step 5 – Once they agree to collabrate, DM this article to them and ask them to go through The Task section. Answer any question they may have. If you don’t know the answer ask me on the email and reply back to them.
Step 6 – Once the Digital Creator understands the task. Ask them to send across a short write up on what it would look like in case I have any feedback.
Step 7 – Share the final copy with me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can use the above steps for your own niche, 1 skills, format and connect the correct business. Configure the steps according to your needs.
What did “The Digital Collaborator” do and what was the outcome and timelines of this experiment?
Now it’s upto “The Digital Collaborator” to carry out this activity. I would like him to record the time spend and the dates on which he sent a message and got replies. He can use pen and paper to record it.
Let’s start with the first one image from the list“The Digital Collaborator”
Statistics to record for him for each digital creator
- How much time it took for searching the creator? (time in minutes)
- When was the first message sent? (date)
- How much time it took to explain the task? (time in minutes in case you did back and forth to answer any questions)
- When was the writeup sent to you on the final work? (date)
- When did the final post sent to me? (date)
Disclaimer: I am not sharing how much I am paying “The Digital Collaborator” to do this job because I think it will block your creative mind when it comes to pricing. I will ask him to write in the comments if he was happy with payment.
I will update this post after we are done with the experiment. If you want to become “The Digital Collaborator” email me at email@example.com
Other ideas that came during the conversation. Including them below as side notes of this experiment
This is one of the collabration I personally did using the above method along with Artist Mehna – It was viewed and reached more than 1500 in all platforms(LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter). In LinkedIn alone it was 700+
This is another collabration I did using the above method along with Artist Vranda. She created 2 images. The collective viewed and reached more than 1300 in all platforms(LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter)
Example of a good illustration: