Watch this video for 7 minutes to get the idea of how this work.
Have you already taken the precaution to sit at home and work from home? You are planning to stay put for the next two weeks. Congratulations you may have earned 20 hours of the weekend and 10 hours of travel time per week, Mumbai. So with 60 hours in hand what are the first steps you can do to begin. The below idea would work bests for online and social media-based business. However, the most part will apply to every consulting business. The idea has to work for you by providing the service sitting at home via the medium of the internet.
If you don’t satisfy any of the above criteria and are still reading to kill time, continue reading. I have something for you too in the end. Or else you can stop right now 🙂
- Negotiate this time with your family and get uninterrupted hours to work on your business. If you are passionate or not this time will act as a limit test.
- Recruit your family, start the first hire at home. If you can’t sell your business idea to your family, how else you could you sell anyone else. Hiring is a skill you will cherish for long.
- Write about the business idea in a blog, LinkedIn or Facebook. If you are afraid if you can lose your job title it as “This Lockdown got me thinking about a business idea are there any takers”. Don’t worry, ideas are cheap execution is the king.
- If you are not good at writing, you can do the same via video or podcast its easy. If you cannot google your way of technology impediments. That could be a challenge in this current business environment. (Remember you are working from home)
- Identify your tribes. They are your primary customer. You have to know what are their age, gender, profession, income, individual or organization, location, and where online you can find them.
- Once you identify them to search them. Can you find them on any specific platform LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, Twitter etc? What do they care about? What do they talk about?
- Share your business idea blog/video/podcast you created with them by connecting with them. Tell if they have 5-10 min to discuss the idea.
- Ask if they would be ready to pay for it if they are excited to ask them for advance. If you can serve them your business is started or else return the money.
- Now you have all the inputs required you can craft your service; it’s delivery method and its price points.
- If you are still reading and you don’t have any business idea, think of 3 people with whom you should share this blog, and they will benefit from it. This thinking process could help you come up with an idea. Remember this is not for everyone.
You can put your thoughts in the comments below. I would like to get some feedback and reply.
Stay Safe and Healthy!!!
A friend of mine was discussing an idea to start a business. She is currently working in Corporate world and have a dream of becoming a Business women.
Her passion is around health, food and fitness and I only spoke with her like 5 minutes. I know that time is not enough to conclude anything but She didnot turned up on our first online chat meeting. I have blocked my time so I thought of creating some plan or working idea that would suit her busy schedule. Something to start part time.
So based one few Business principles
- Starting a online service business from zero money.
- Using the power of Whatsapp or other messaging tools.
- Making use of wearable technology devices like fitbit.
- Creating Systems that is repeatable and provable.
- Indentifying product market fit.
So I am writing this article so it can be used by anyone who wants to. 😃
Business should start from a vision but partime business must start from a passion.
Because your work timing for it in Mumbai, India will be 9 pm to midnight. (You can calculate for your cities.)
I think she can become a Healthy Habit Buddy. Her role would be to help people to take them towards thier health goals. She will do that by being a good buddy during the journey by keeping track of the tiny habit changes, providing solutions to daily challanges and checking the stats of wearable.
Remember we are not being a deitian, trainer or coach. It’s like a job of a peer who keeps a check on you when you ask. Friends use to do that in past now everyone is busy so you need to have this buddy. For example if the person wants to walk 10,000 steps a day. She can’t find time. The healthy habit buddy will talk to her and figure out time from her current schedule and hack some time out for compelting the steps. Like park your car far, take a walking meeting in office, fill the water bottle from another floor, take stairs after lunch etc. I hope you got the point.
They have to be working women in Corporate world because then she will know exactly the challanges they are facing. She will also know the lifestyle and environment. It has to be super niche like women in her industry or even doing similar roles. To begin with the number of clients can be 1 to 10. She is currently creating success stories.
Any service should have a proven method for gaining trusts from clients. One of the easy way would be to share a proven method to audience.
Here is one way to do that using Automic habits. She study this and buy a copy of the book too. Go through all the excerises and prepare her self.
She will have to start her own journey first. She has to put the goals out there. I will pick the most common health goal to demonstrate an example. ‘Weight loss’ So she can put the stat with current picture and share the daily or weekly progress with the audience on any social media platform.
Thus creating a proven method of not only achieving the goal but also to keeping it going.
Once she has tested her methods and if it is showing resutls every time, She has to convert it into a measurable systems and look for a volunteer who would be her first client.
On average, it takes more than 2 months before a new behavior becomes automatic — 66 days to be exact.
Here is the link for above number. So the first client will be along with her for 8 weeks. Her system should involve weekly calls and followups, Some Daily messages and guide materials in case of any challanges.
She will only work on 1 Keystone habit. Because the client can use the framework and then build on other habits based on it.
First few clients she can work for free. Then her fees can be weekly in advance to keep it more interactive and personal. This will imply that the client is sincer about changing the habit.
Unique Selling Point – Pricing
There has to be an unique way to market the business hence the pricing could be a talk of the town. So we will use incentive method to charge the clients.
Let’s say the week fee for the the buddy is INR 2,450 only. There will be task and activity clubbed for each day so 7 days. If all the activity for the day is achieved than clients will get back 350 Rs for each day. Thus for completling all the task the service can be availed for FREE.
Once the 2 months is completed and the NEW habit is formed the client can choose to give a bonus fee as per thier wish. This indicates a litmus test that they really had a great expreince with the service and the life lesson is worth the money.
Your top health can skyrocket your confidence, that’s priceless
Flaws in the plan
- It will take a long time before you have first paying customer.
- It could be challenging to prove that the system works with any one.
- Scalability could be challenging.
- There are many cracks but this is the intial thoughts in words
- The advantage would be that she will master the art of habit. That’s a life lesson.
Let me know what do you think about this idea in comments below?
A short checklist for anyone who is looking for what to post on LinkedIn
- Share the idea of a blog post under 200 words – Sustainability is the new Green, literally!
- Image text from your article – Best Practices (♻️)
- Create a quote image from the comments on the post – This example is from the above post Comment by Kim
- Interactive Question from data – Gender pay gap 200 years (♻️)
- Screen capture from public website – Equal Measures 2030
- Give 3 or 5 pointer list – Innovate Benchmarking
- Create quote from article on indexes – SeaFood Index (♻️)
- Ask any benchmarking related question. – Susty Insights
- Sustainability Job posting – World Benchmarking Alliance
- Emoji text posts – 17 SDG
- Insights from a report – Gender pay gap (♻️)
- Screen capture from report – SDG compass (♻️)
- Create one page PDF using google document. – 20 Chapters
- Data points from other Linkedin post – ZSL SPOTT
- Screen capture from UN organization from Instagram – UNWomen
- Your orginial thought related #globalgoals – Listen
- Adding content to your clients LinkedIn post – Share Action (♻️)
- Quote question from any LinkedIn comment – ISS (♻️)
- SDG Target image (similar to your industry) – SDG2
- Screen capture from a video – Use Data (♻️)
All images should have company name on top right. If you are preparing a image for us put 73bit.com on top right. Thank you in advance.
PS: ♻️ icon means option to repurpose the idea into a dozen post.