Have you already taken the precaution to sit at home and work from home? You are planning to stay put for the next two weeks. Congratulations you may have earned 20 hours of the weekend and 10 hours of travel time per week, Mumbai. So with 60 hours in hand what are the first steps you can do to begin. The below idea would work bests for online and social media-based business. However, the most part will apply to every consulting business. The idea has to work for you by providing the service sitting at home via the medium of the internet.
If you don’t satisfy any of the above criteria and are still reading to kill time, continue reading. I have something for you too in the end. Or else you can stop right now 🙂
- Negotiate this time with your family and get uninterrupted hours to work on your business. If you are passionate or not this time will act as a limit test.
- Recruit your family, start the first hire at home. If you can’t sell your business idea to your family, how else you could you sell anyone else. Hiring is a skill you will cherish for long.
- Write about the business idea in a blog, LinkedIn or Facebook. If you are afraid if you can lose your job title it as “This Lockdown got me thinking about a business idea are there any takers”. Don’t worry, ideas are cheap execution is the king.
- If you are not good at writing, you can do the same via video or podcast its easy. If you cannot google your way of technology impediments. That could be a challenge in this current business environment. (Remember you are working from home)
- Identify your tribes. They are your primary customer. You have to know what are their age, gender, profession, income, individual or organization, location, and where online you can find them.
- Once you identify them to search them. Can you find them on any specific platform LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, Twitter etc? What do they care about? What do they talk about?
- Share your business idea blog/video/podcast you created with them by connecting with them. Tell if they have 5-10 min to discuss the idea.
- Ask if they would be ready to pay for it if they are excited to ask them for advance. If you can serve them your business is started or else return the money.
- Now you have all the inputs required you can craft your service; it’s delivery method and its price points.
- If you are still reading and you don’t have any business idea, think of 3 people with whom you should share this blog, and they will benefit from it. This thinking process could help you come up with an idea. Remember this is not for everyone.