- How much the experiences of the 2 developers worked in different environments differ from one another. His way of coding, ways of finding & implementing solutions etc.
- Working with Vikram also forced myself to think of different ways to prove my point and to keep patients when there is discussion on a particular topic (Specially when we discussed about the starting point of the tests execution.)
- As far as coding is concerned I learn few shortcuts from tools and learned a better technique of renaming variables and functions which I knew how to do it but never thought of implementing not sure why.
- Above all I did my first TDD during this Dojo so got to learn a lot about it. Also learned about how keep your excitement in control while implementing various functionalists while working with TDD.
- Overall it was a small session of about 2 hours but we learned a lot from each other and looking forward to continue this Dojo.
- How a solution approach is different of a person for instance: Gautam was insisting to add few more test cases to make sure the code is working were as I wanted to follow the rules that was instructed.
- The names of methods came lot better with 2 pairs of eyes.
- When we pair up with new individual how we must slow our self and the fellow member while learning new skills. Patience is the key.
- Learned a handful of key shortcuts which was a normal habit for the fellow member
- Adapting to work with new laptop with some of the keys placed totally difference from mine.
Even though most of our experience are alike, but adding it explicitly made a lot more sense of understanding.