There was a post by Dave Thomas (for those who don’t know him he is one of the first 17 signatory in Agile Manifesto) “Agile is dead, long live agility“. There was a another post with difference of opinion by Kevin “Pragdave is wrong. And his advice is harmful“. Out of excitement I tweeted to which Dave replied.
- Vikram Shetty tweeted War is On “
@agilekevin: @pragdave‘s article isn’t just wrong, it’s harmful. http://zipwow.blogspot.com/2014/03/pragdave-is-wrong-and-his-advice-is.html …“
- Dave Thomas tweeted @vikramshettyc @agilekevin An opposing point of view is the catalyst for discussion. War happens when you ignore those dissenting opinions.
You can find original tweets here. The conversation continues as mentioned below:
- Vikram Shetty tweeted “@pragdave @agilekevin You are right. Both post has some valid points. But how does a follower takes this 2 posts. There is no right & wrong.”
- Dave Thomas tweeted “@vikramshettyc @agilekevin The trick, I think, is to form your own opinion. Draw on the experience of others, but mold it to your context.”
- Vikram Shetty tweeted “@pragdave @agilekevin Very Pragmatic, But with multiple cultures, different level of real experience, some rules of benchmarks really helps.”
- Vikram Shetty tweeted “@pragdave @agilekevin Dave I an’t sure if I am asking too much. Thanks for your insight and It will be great If you conclude this discussion.”
- Kevin Klinemeier tweeted @vikramshettyc @pragdave Or starting place, at least. And look to the manifesto to tell you when to break “the rules.”
- Oswald Knightley tweeted @pragdave @agilekevin @vikramshettyc By retrospecting on the topic and having critical thinking, we are being agile in the end
You can find original tweets here. Here is my view as an practitioner and enthusiast of Agile:
- I understand there are manifesto created 14 years back.
- There are many ways to do it Scrum, XP, Craftsmanship etc.
- There is a lot of gray area on how to design to agility.
- Appreciation of all the support and humble attitude from people like Dave.
- I feel even after having abundance of resource we do not have a bootstrap.