Designation: Business Development Trainee
Reporting To: Vikram Shetty
Expereince: 0 (Zero) years / Fresh Graduates
Salary: 20,000 INR per month
Roles and Responsibility
- Prospecting – Participate in LinkedIn Sales Navigator prospecting and process 100 per month
- People – Knowing your client community and finding 20 related posts daily and writing a thoughtful comment to it.
- Promoting – Promote our Podcast “Sustainability Scorecard Stories” reach 100 plays per episode
- Presales – Social selling the Launch Offer using community engagement & get 100 views per month
- Priming – Researching on our client community for Global Corporate Sustainability List
- Process – Capture daily progress into systems like HubSpot, Google Sheets, Sales Navigator etc
The question that can come to your mind is what could be the career growth for this role. If you are not from the Sustainability Field then it’s a Sales Career.
However, if you are from Sustainability Field and finding it difficult to find a job in your space this role will provide you with a few experiences
- Communication and Networking Skills
- Sales Process that got us B2B Clients
- Social Selling via community management
- Good knowledge on the current happenings in the domain
- Build relationship and collabrations
- Using Systems and Process that works for you
- Build your presence on LinkedIn
You can do this role for a year and then get back to your job search.
Above skills will be useful for the rest of your life
Your day at work
First Task: Prospecting – This will be the first 2 hours of your day where you will process the prospect and send messages to them. Your daily target here will be 5 leads in 2 hours. You can learn about our community here (How to find leads?). You will add it to HubSpot and later help me move them through the sales process. (Training for this will be given after you join us however all activities will be done under the first 2 hrs)
Second Task: Public – Engaging with the community is the primary objective here. It will help you understand the topic that is interested for our Tribe. You will get a list of Tribes about 500+ of them. You will follow them on LinkedIn. This task with be for next 2 hours. You will pick the link of post of our interest and close to our work and put it in a shared Google spreadsheet. Add a thoughtful comment next to the link in the spreadsheet. Your daily target here will be adding comments to 20 post.
Second Task: Promoting – You will do this in the 5th hour by using this Twitter search technique. This is for our podcast. There is a second technique using LinkedIn which we will share once you complete 3 months with us and complete your probation. Your daily target here will be to do this for 1 hour. Later you will be assigned an intern so that you will learn delegation. You can go ahead and find yourself an intern right now by sharing this article in your WhatsApp group.
Third Task: Presales – You will do this in the 6th hour by using the technique known as social selling via community engagement. For our service Transform Data to Digital Scorecard. The activity here would be to read the post and add a valuable comment to our client community. (We will train you to find 1 simple step to get more than 3k people who recently posted) Your daily target here will be 10 comments in under 1 hour.
Fourth Task: Priming – In the 7th hour you do the research on our client community and collate them into one place. Adding relevant links and descriptions of the initiatives for the Global List. You can use any search skills that could help you find. This hour is your play of the day, be creative and dive into your imagination. Your daily target here will be to do this for 1 hour.
Fifth Task: Process – The last hour of the day you will measure your day. You will check all the Skype messages to update the status of the lead or add to the Global List or other messages that are pending on you. You will make sure that all you have replied to any social media comments or have any questions for me. Your metrics are up to date in our Google Spreadsheet.
- Good at written communications
- Work from home ready with personal Laptop/PC + Internet
- Ready to work full time remote or digital nomad work.
If you are interested in the job, you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume and current location with the subject:
“Job application for Business Development Trainee”
I will send across the salary details and the next step of the interview process.
There are two interview rounds
Round One – Write an Article on LinkedIn (Details will be given to you once you email me, it will have few videos and questions related to the videos too.)
Round Two – Only if your Article is qualified you will have a zoom interview call
I wish you all the best!
If you don’t see yourself fit for this role share this article with your other friends in different WhatsApp group