It has been over a decade few developers got together and coined a name “Agile“. It was definitely a developer centric software development methodology. I am a novice to speak any further about agile movement. I saw different version of Agile manifesto over the past years, I listed 10 of them here.
- The Original :http://agilemanifesto.org/
- Kent Beck version : He was one of the person in the initial signatory of Agile manifesto. He gave one for Lean Start up read it here.
- Uncle Bob’s lead version: He was also one of the person in the initial signatory of Agile manifesto. It was a part of Software Craftsmanship movement : http://manifesto.softwarecraftsmanship.org/
- Agile Scout : They are people who practice agile. This was written as a retrospection after 10 years of Agile movement, read it here.
Let see some opposite views of Agile. I don’t know them so won’t give any brief about them :
- Dark Manifesto: http://darkagilemanifesto.org/
- Anti Agile: http://antiagilemanifesto.com/
- Half arsed: http://www.halfarsedagilemanifesto.org/
- Programming M*****F*****(bad language BIG NO, I am sorry to add a link with this language however he has a point): Obfuscated Url
And to end up here are few Enterprise version for Agile
- IBM : A version by one of the IBM consultant, read it here.
- Enterprise : A version by a guy called David, read it here.
I hope you take a full advantage of Agile and consider it as another tool in your tool box.