I thought about doing a Pair Programming Dojo with a friend outside my work, Gautam Shah. I checked with him and he was ready. I just started to write an email then suddenly I remember the talk by Scott Hanselman @ here. He mentioned when the technical email goes beyond 5 lines then write it on your blog so that in future you don’t have to write them again.
Inspiration for our Dojo:
Problem set taken from Roy Osherove: String Calculator
TDD Code Kata by Andy Mehalick : @ vimeo
TDD Rules from Uncle Bob (Robert C. Martin) : 3 Rules of TDD
Pair Programing steps :
- Driver writes a Test while Navigator observes it.
- Driver passes the keyboard to Navigator to write production code.
- Switch of Role: Navigator becomes Driver and other way around.
- Driver now write the production code and fix the failing test.
- Repeat Step 1 through 4 until problem set is solved.
- Take break every 25 minutes for 10 minutes.