I think of the below image whenever I hear the word blueprint.
I always thought it needs a sophisticated talented team with millions of dollars of funding. You need a big glass building and pricy machines and technology at hand. You need a fancy degree and extraordinary brilliance.
We have grown our business with simple ideas executed with great details. Over the past 7 years, we have tripled our revenue. We have increased our team size more than 7 times. In one recent work experiment, I witnessed an example of a blueprint which our team applied and it worked like a charm.
I will put it below in the form of a checklist below
- A new idea came up in a sales call
- We found the simplest way to solve it
- Created 4 point step by step action plan
- Questions were asked and it was replied
- Every step of the way was clear
- It was communicated to be done during a days time
- The team went to work on it.
- Completed it on time and ready for demo.
The Step by Step action plan had the following characteristics and which made me think that we have the blueprint of success.
- Easy to understand by the entire team
- 100% confidence to complete it
- Not a single doubt after the plan was discussed
- No indications or reasons for surprises.
- It felt effortless from the start.