In Arfeen Khan‘s business mastermind workshop, we played few team games. The objective was to learn and keep the energy up.
Here are my top 7 metaphor that you can apply to your business:
- Strategy Rocks!: Every game needs to be played by strategy. There is always of easy way to play it. The idea is to take leverage of the abundance resources. To name a few from game point of view it was Brain, Gravity, Hacks and Listening skills.
- Artificial Scarcity: Time pressure was the default rule for all games. Since you are in a competition and there is also a timer you feel the pressure. In reality the team which did not take that pressure often win.
- Unstoppable Energy: There are times when the energy of the team helps the participants to win. So support for your team becomes a vital key. We have seen winning momentum of teams continuously winning consecutive games.
- Team Strength: The way the team understood each other’s strengths and weakness, the better the results were. Even if it means coup the team’s strategy in order to make the team win.
- Star Performance: When the strategy and skills match, play like a star performer. You win the game before the game begins. Once you are winner in your mind you play it like a champ.
- Ultimate Leader: You got to have a leader with right credentials to empower the team. Each game needed a different mind-set to lead and control actions. The key here is to adapt to the situation and make dramatic changes.
- Killer Execution: Even if you have all of the above qualities in place. If you are unable to execute it with conviction. It will not bring any outcome. This becomes one of the last but important steps to see the result in your favor.
Have a awesome business year ahead!