This article is mashup of multiple ideas for an artist, freelancer, or solopreneur. This is a suggestion given to a dancer (you can make this relavent to your work). There are couple of platform which are taken as example in this article, because I heard a lot about them.
Disclaimer: This is a one person thoughts, I am not a social media expert or a sales person.
The Happy Path
- Create more content
- Get more collaboration
- Create network and connections
- Get some work (Free)
- Get paid
The Salesman Path
- Decide what you want to do? (Corporate events or Being a teacher in studio or paided shoot)
- Target the customer list very niche accurately. (Like Corporate HR or Event management or dance studio)
- Connect (DM) with them via prop channel like Instagram, Facebook, I think LinkedIn and Twitter could be powerful too.
- Pitch a personalized message and not a generic one. Like I see your event company have recently done this kind of work. I am so and so and i have done similar work in past with examples
- Measure your sales number. Total messages per week -> Total reply per week -> Total positive reply -> Total jobs/work (Keep biweekly follow up with all positive reply with the ongoing work you do)
Content is the Centerpiece
You will have to publish content on social media. It’s the fact of your line of work in 2020 is content.
You will have to figure out to create 100 content per week.
Some ideas for creating 100 content per week:
- Selfie style video answering questions students don’t ask but should ask (same for corporate)
- Any thing you did unique that day in practice (learning video selfie style)
- Your daily struggle for finding work, again a selfie style video talking about the challenges (being vulnerable)
- Photos on random neighborhood.
- Practice video
- Photoshoot collaboration (find people near your residence where you can walk to some place, use Instagram feature of location search. Female photographer in case you are uncomfortable) Guide to do that by Gary https://youtu.be/vcEvDpYhM3U
- Create text quotes and message using Canva (download the free app and use the free templates)
- I think you should come up with 200/250 types, strategy for content
Volume Startegy by Gary Vaynerchuk
Here are few ideas in different context you can pick what you can do for your work. Convert writing into video or pictures with caption writing
LinkedIn Opportunity (One of my crazy idea)
This could turn out to be more profitable and comfortable work you may end up doing.
- LinkedIn is currently like Facebook in 2012 every post is working
- Target: Company HR and Employee engagement professionals within company for any semi classical/classical Corporate Shows.
- Medium #1 Create selfie style video to explain how connecting to artist directly could be more beneficial for them. Not only in terms of cost but also to create innovative shows around Indian art and classical dance.
- Medium #2 Search for the relevant designation on LinkedIn –> Send a custom connection request mentioning that you have something free to offer –> Once connected tell them you will be ready to do a show for free only they have to take care of travel and food.
- Create a 5-7 choreographed dance to offer them that they can pick from. (Do what you already know and have done)
- If you can think of some creative performance then this could be a viral opportunity. More people will come to know.
You send 3000 invitation in LinkedIn so play it out fully nothing to stop you there. However pick the person wisely and target company with size 50 to 100. Bi-product of this work is all the travel and traffic time to your make productive by creating selfie style video about the work you are going to do. You can answer the below questions for each act.
- What all ideas you have?
- What you manage to implement?
- What went wrong?
- What did you learned and how will you do it differently?
- What questions normally you get asked?
- How do you reply?